Clerk of Works
A new, exciting Clerk of Works vacancy to work for a successful QS and PM Consultancy. You will be based at home and will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on residential projects around North West London.
Your employer is a leading multidisciplinary cost consulting and project management consultancy that has a fantastic reputation providing long term Clerk of Works services.
Applications from Chartered Members of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate ICWIC are highly welcome.
The main responsibility of a Clerk of Works will be to undertake regular inspections of construction work, such as residential developments to monitor progress and quality, verifying compliance with contractual drawings.
Projects portfolio will include new build and refurbishment projects and there is strong emphasis within this role towards projects in the residential sector. Location of work will primarily be West London. The current sites are predominantly located from Farnborough around the M25 to North West London.
This is home based role, with office visits whenever required.
The hiring company is looking for candidates to carry out the role on a permanent PAYE basis only.
Driving license for this role is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties of this Clerk of Works or Building Inspector will include:
- Overseeing residential building works for allocated sites to ensure quality, safety, and timely completion of project deliverables.
- Making sure assurance requirements are met based on regulatory compliance and the employer’s requirements.
- Completing inspections to record any defects identified throughout construction which become apparent after completion of works. Ensure these are communicated and escalated to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
- You will keep yourself up to date with building regulations and compliance.
- You will demonstrate a good understanding of the building and housing industry, have a basic technical and construction awareness and competence, and be able to show a good working knowledge of materials, trades, methods, and legal requirements.
- You will have to prepare written reports to a high standard and submit in timely way.
- You will organise snagging and end of defect inspections with the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable construction professional with experience in a similar role previously. This could include Clerk or Works, Employers Agent, Site Inspector, Quality Control Inspector, Building Control / Warranty Inspector or site manager
- It is estimated that at least 5+ years of relevant experience will have been previously gained in order to be able to work as a Clerk of Works that can work fully independently and competently in this role. Additional years of experience are also very welcome
- Experience of writing professional reports to a high standard
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Good organisation skills to be able to organise and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Capable of working under your own initiative and as part of the group
- Ability to work under pressure
- A great work ethic and enthusiasm towards developing your career, making sure that your knowledge is relevant and up to date
- Clerk of Works ICWIC accredited / accreditation is highly desirable
- A formal qualification in construction, engineering or project management would be advantageous
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Clerk of Works candidate will join an established multi-disciplinary property consultancy. They provide services across London and South of England, such as Project Management, Employer’s Agent, Project Monitoring, Cost Consultancy and Clerk of Works/Site Inspection.
Great benefits and perks for Clerk of Works candidate.
The employer has a sociable office who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment and are fully focussed on supporting employees with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- £40k - £50k Basic salary
- Car Allowance
- Laptop and tablet
- 25 days holiday + 1 day off for Birthday
- Discretionary Bonus
- Loyalty Bonus