Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will act as the lead commercial contact for the hiring company. You will report into the Commercial Director who is from the other half of the Joint Venture. Therefore as well as co-operating with the JV partner to ensure the project is a success, you must consider the hiring companies interests in major decisions when discussing important issues.
- Will be responsible for all commercial areas of the project including commercial, contractual and claims issues
- Will manage a large team of Quantity Surveying and Planning staff
- Liaise where necessary with the client and a range of sub-contractors on the project
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have experience of working as a project Commercial Manager on large scale building projects in excess of $100m
- Candidates will need to have a history of working for reputable main contractors and a bias towards main contracting experience rather than working for a client or PQS.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are required. Excellent spoken and written English skills are essential
- Candidates will ideally be degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification, however we will consider CV's that are otherwise suitable but do not match this criteria
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading main contractor in the Middle East with a reputation for delivering numerous signature projects in the Gulf region.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Working Hours: 11 Day fortnight (2 guaranteed full Saturdays off per month)
- Salary: 55k - 70k QAR per month
- Holidays: 21 Days Holiday
- Benefits: Flights, Private Medical (Family), Bonus