Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading an E&M commercial team on major E&M projects from tender stage to completion on site and to final account & claims.
- Manage and check contract arrangements to and from the client and between your employer & the sub-contractors used.
- Oversee the E&M cost reporting on the contract's financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works & follow the process through to the receipt of payment
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Collate and prepare claims as required
- Act diplomatically at all times to negotiate resolution to problems strategically & amicably.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable candidates will have extensive experience in a Senior Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management position with a major electrical & mechanical (E&M) contractor.
- Experience of working in the Hong Kong construction industry for a contracting company is prefered
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English are essential
- Written & spoken Cantonese is desirable but not essential
- Degree in Quantity Surverying or related discipline preferred
- Membership of an internationally recognised professional institute such as the HKIS or RICS.