Commercial ManagerRef MAX8599 Job Posted 10/07/2019 Region Singapore Location Singapore Salary Sg$250,000 Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A heavy hitting Commercial Manager job in Singapore is available with a leading civil & buildings construction contractor. Projects you will have responsibility for will include massive and complex civil engineering infrastructure as well as buildings in Singapore. Ambitious Commercial Managers with project delivery and management experience from around the world are invited to apply.
The role of the Commercial Manager will be to lead the company's Singapore contracting division, taking full responsibility for the commercial function on all civil & building construction projects in Singapore. Projects to include major civil infrastructure, tunnelling, highways, commercial, office, high rise & mixed use projects in Singapore.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and manage the project commercial strategy with site Commercial Managers & senior management team
- Effectively manage risk and opportunities
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team
- Oversee the management of all contract arrangements and documentation
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare commercial reports
- Review and comment on all reports about the company's financial position on live and completed projects in Hong Kong
- Take an active involvement in tenders for new projects
- Ensure all commercial procedures are carried out according to company policy
- Manage your team of Commercial Managers responsible for specific projects and their site staff
- Report to company directors on all of the above on a regular basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable applicants MUST have demonstrable experience of delivering a number of civil & building construction projects from project setup to completion in a Commercial Manager or Senior Commercial Manager role. Please only apply for this role if your CV demonstrates this clearly
- Extensive knowledge of civils & building construction work in a Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying role
- Demonstrable career progression from quantity surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor/Project Quantity Surveyor/Managing Quantity Surveyor to Commercial Manager, with a good proportion of this experience being gained with a well regarded national or international building main contractor
- Advantageous if early career training and development was gained with a major UK or international building contracting organisation such as Costain, Balfour Beatty, Leightons, BAM, AMEC, Birse, Carillion or similar
- Experience of managing project commercial strategy with site Commercial Managers & senior management team
- Demonstrable experience of managing risk and opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in giving contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team
- Experience with a number of different contract types
- Extensive experience in the drafting of appropriate contract documents and commercial reports
- Experienced in the reporting of a company's financial position on live and completed projects
- Proficient in working on successful and profitable building tenders for new projects
- Hong Kong Government building project experience in a contracting role is desirable
- Previous experience of liaising with Hong Kong government officials/government departments is desirable
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (or equivalent) is desired
- MRICS or HKIS or MInstCES or MCIOB or equivalent professional membership/qualification is desirable.
- Fluent in written & spoken English is essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful Divisional Commercial Manager job applicant will be joining a world-class engineering, construction contractor in Singapore that offers premium career development and training opportunities. A full profile of this company will be given to applicants upon completion of a successful pre-interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The salary & package available for the Divisional Commercial Manager role in Singapore is market leading. The exact package for this senior management role will be negotiated with the right applicant to mutual satisfaction.
Expressions of interest in this role by suitable qualified individuals are requested via the Maxim Recruitment website, attaching a full CV. We will prioritise the review of applications that include a bespoke covering letter explaining suitability for the role, current circumstances & availability time frame.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend