Construction Expert WitnessRef MAX9057 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Calgary, Alberta, Canada Salary Negotiable Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 13/01/2021 Status Live
Quantum Expert Witness job within a specialist construction disputes consultancy based in Calgary, Alberta Province, Canada
A new Expert Witness job is available for a construction industry Quantum and Delay Expert Witness disputes professional with Canada construction quantum expert witness experience to be based in Calgary.
The successful candidate will need to have had extensive experience in construction industry quantum expert work in Canada, probably as the lead expert on many previous Canadian, American and international projects.
Construction Quantum or Delay Expert Witness candidates who have significant experience as an assistant or No.2 to the lead quantum expert working together on expert reports may also be considered for a supporting position.
It is ESSENTIAL that all candidates that apply have strong business contacts within the Canadian construction contracting, client, legal and disputes specialist sectors.
Applicants must have strong construction industry contacts and be able to network and win specialist construction quantum and delay work based on their reputation and track record within the construction disputes expert sector.
Responsibilities and Duties
Calgary based Quantum Expert Witness Job Duties:
- Provide specialist expert advice relating to quantum and delay dispute matters
- Researching and writing high level Expert Reports
- Testifying on Quantum dispute and Delay dispute matters as required
- Delivering premium quality fee earning Expert Quantum analysis and Delay Analysis work
- Recruiting and managing Quantum Consultants and Senior Quantum Consultants and assisting in their professional development and capability to work independently
- Recruiting and managing Delay Consultants and Senior Delay Consultants and assisting in their professional development and capability to work independently
- Taking a leading role in BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT of contacts and new quantum claims and delay business by using your already established network of legal and other construction industry contacts to generate fee earning work and new commissions for yourself and the team
- Working closely with the delay expert team on disputes and business development and management.
- Workload will be a mixture of Canadian, American, North American and international work including both arbitration and adjudication work.
Desired Skills and Experience
Calgary, Alberta based Quantum and Delay Expert Witness Experience Required:
- Demonstrable previous experience of writing high calibre Expert Reports and of providing specialist expert advice relating to quantum dispute and delay dispute matters
- Demonstrable experience of researching and writing high level Expert Quantum Construction Reports
- Experience of managing Quantum Consultants and Senior Quantum Consultants and assisting in their professional development and ability to work independently
- Demonstrable experience of successfully taking a leading role in business development by using your already established network of legal and other contacts to generate work and commissions
- A strong track record in performing fee earning Expert Quantum and Delay analysis work
- Ability to undertake high level expert quantum and delay report writing
- At least 10+ years of experience in a relevant quantum claims and dispute role
- Experience of international arbitrations would be highly advantageous
- Experience of international adjudications would also be advantageous
- RICS Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or CIQS membership or fellowship highly desired
- InstCES Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors Chartership also acceptable
- A construction law degree or related comparable postgraduate qualification is highly desirable such as MSc / LLB in Construction Law and Arbitration
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This construction dispute, quantum and delay specialist consultancy has a strong base in Canada and the USA and offices in Europe and Asia also.
They are looking for an ambitious expert capable of growing and managing a highly successful business.
To attract the right calibre of expert candidate, they will offer an above market rate salary and generous quarterly and annual bonus schemes to reward and drive performance and growth.
- Construction Expert Witness Toronto, Canada - Negotiable
- Lead Testifying Delay Expert Central London - Negotiable package + bonus
- Senior Consultant Claims and Dispute Resolution Birmingham - Negotiable
- Associate Director Delay Analyst Central London - £80k - £120K (DOE) + Annual Bonus
- Managing Consultant Delay Analyst Central London - £65k - £90k (DOE) + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend