Construction Project Manager
A client side Project Manager is required to join a leading PM/ CM consultant in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, to manage the delivery on behalf a prestigious client, a major data centre project.
- The Project Manager will lead a team to manage the day-to-day activities of the programme of projects, and be the on- site key point of contact for key stakeholders and/or the Client
- Manage and Monitor construction works, program and accomplishment
- Oversee coordination between AE and GC (Approval of RFI’s, RFA’s, submittals, drawings, samples and mock-ups)
- Oversee GC design, planning and coordination works
- Oversee GC QA/QC management and implementation
- Oversee GC Safety and Security Department management and implementation
Responsibilities and Duties
In this management role, the Project Manager will be tasked to:
- Be the project team lead and POC for communications with the PM / Client team.
- Be accountable for the management of project stakeholders, risk management, variations, escalations, and drive issues to resolutions with objective to successfully deliver project as per the agreed deliverables and client expectations.
- Diligently understand The Client expectations and ensure timelines are met
- Contribute to a positive work environment, by being conscious of team needs
- Accountable to deliver projects within the agreed parameters i.e., cost, time and quality
- Ensure all projects are managed within The Client governance guidelines
- Conduct regular management and site meetings in relation to construction-related projects for the data center. Attend the Project Management Team meeting
- Review and recommend Project Execution Plan (Construction Methods, Planning, Coordination, Quality Control/Assurance, Testing, and implementation Plan).
- Coordinate constructability review of the project documents with stakeholders when required
- Review and recommend for approval the EHS plan
- Review and monitor the program, site progress and quality of works
- Review the working programs and mitigation process in the event of delays.
- Routine site walks with QA/QC Team to educate that GC and Packaged Contractors Site and QA/QC Team are aware on the Project Requirement and Specification.
- Routine site walks with GC and Packaged Contractors Safety Team to have a Safe Working Environment
- Weekly Audit on the QA/QC documents and implementation.
- Weekly Audit on EHS documents.
- Coordinate Value Engineering effort when required with all key stakeholders
- Assist The Client in identifying, scoping, buying-out and scheduling of all The Client-direct vendors and consultants if assigned
- Address and resolve any design issues/changes to design drawings and provide input to any required changes in design and scope prior to start of construction
- Facilitate and ensure tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFIs, change orders, etc. are being reviewed, approved, and closed with all appropriate Client stakeholders, AE and GC.
- Attend the CSA and M&E workshops, coordination meeting to ensure that design, technical and site issues are discussed and resolved accordingly.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Multiple years of progressive responsibility project construction management
- Direct experience in data center construction is preferred
- Ability to independently manage deadlines and support staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Ability to influence cross-discipline teams
- Construction health & safety knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Construction Project Management, or Construction Management
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A global dynamic and agile construction consultancy providing innovative and cost effective project management and cost management solutions to major projects and clients across the world