Consultant, Commercial Real Estate AppraiserRef MAX8656 Job Posted 28/02/2019 Region Canada Location New Brunswick Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
The successful applicant will be a Consultant within the Research, Valuation and Advisory division of one of the leading providers in the advisory service sector in Canada.
The successful applicant will be a Real Estate Consultant responsible for preparing appraisals and/or consulting reports to a high standard. This responsibility will be fulfilled with little need for review by a line manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing accurate appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal/external partners.
- Developing cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry standard software such as ARGUS, or other appropriate software.
- Ensuring data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
- Performing property inspections.
- Managing client relationships in a manner that leads to contract renewal, referrals and service expansion including up-sells and cross-sells.
- Maintaining ongoing client communication and resolve issues. Escalate issues to next level of management as required.
- Coaching, training and mentoring Senior Analysts and Analysts by transferring skill and knowledge.
- Developing internal network and relationships to facilitate information sharing, cross selling and expansion of service offerings to clients.
- Actively engaging external market participants including networking events and company initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of the commercial real estate industry & market dynamics
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written & oral presentation, in order to complete comprehensive appraisal and consulting reports
- Where applicable, working knowledge in creating financial modeling in Excel, ARGUS, Dyna, Marshall & Swift, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to teach others how to use the latest technology
- Bilingual in English and French is desirable
- Bachelor's degree or related experience in appraisal/real estate valuation
- +5 years of related experience in commercial appraisal/real estate valuation & advisory consulting in Canada is required
- AACI designation (or close to obtaining) **
** The AACI designation is granted to individuals who have completed the AACI program of studies and fulfilled all the professional requirements of the Appraisal Institute of Canada. AACI Members are qualified to offer valuation and consulting services and expertise for all types of real property.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This opportunity will enable the successful candidate to be part of a leading provider of independent advisory services covering quantity surveying, cost management and project management. The company employs over 2,500 people worldwide, with major operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend