Contracts and Commercial Manager Rail
Civil engineering recruitment continues a pace as our client, a highly regarded Japanese contractor is about to be awarded a major rail enhancement project in Myanmar. They are looking to appoint a Contracts Manager to lead the contractual and commercial delivery, initially based in Hong Kong, then relocate to Yangon, Myanmar mid 2021. Are you a shrewd contract formation specialist, commercially aware and truly understand the implications of what is written in contracts? Are you are also a very strong commercial lead, experienced in developing and managing commercial and QS teams which are capable of administering multiple high value contracts?
Currently, rail projects account for one of the largest construction industry sectors globally. This gem of a project involves the double tracking of an existing major transport artery through Myanmar involving civil works, bridge construction and trackwork. You will be based initially in the contractor's office in Hong Kong then relocate to the project in Myanmar mid 2021.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy;
- Formulate construction contracts using a variety of standard and bespoke contract forms including EPC, NEC, FIDIC Yellow Book and a variety of bespoke forms of contract.
- Analyse terms and conditions of various contracts addressing obligations, ambiguities and conflicts, deviations between parties; and provide contractual advice
- Maintain cost data analysis and benchmarking
- Source suitable suppliers, advise on tender lists and maintain supplier relationships
- Advise on procurement strategy
- Review and develop contracts change orders and amendments
- Identify risk and develop strategies for mitigating actions
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of high value rail projects including civil infrastructure, tunnelling, stations, rail systems and finishing works.
- Expert in contract types, terms and legal requirements.
- Experience of being the lead commercial/cost professional on numerous projects
- It is anticipated that applicants will need to have had around 20 years’ experience in a relevant role to have the commercial, legal and contractual skills that are required.
- Demonstrable administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills in English.
- A degree in quantity surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent and MRICS or MHKIE or equivalent is anticipated although ability and demonstrable capability is most important.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A Japanese joint venture consortium embarking on a major rail project in Myanmar. One of the most exciting construction jobs abroad we have on our books at this time!
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary package is available for outstanding candidates