Contracts & Commercial ManagerRef MAX8803 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Other Asia Location Manila, Philippines Salary Circa US$180K /yr Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 25/10/2019 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
Are you a shrewd contract formation specialist, commercially aware and truly understand the implications of what is written in contracts? Are you are also a very strong commercial lead, experienced in developing and managing commercial and QS teams which are capable of administering multiple high value contracts?
You will be based in the JV project office in Manila.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy
- Formulate construction contracts using a variety of standard and bespoke contract forms including EPC, NEC, FIDIC Yellow Book and a variety of bespoke forms of contract.
- Analyse terms and conditions of various contracts addressing obligations, ambiguities and conflicts, deviations between parties; and provide contractual advices
- Maintain cost data analysis and benchmarking
- Source suitable suppliers, advise on tender lists and maintain supplier relationships
- Advise on procurement strategy
- Review and develop contracts change orders and amendments
- Identify risk and develop strategies for mitigating actions
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team;
- Draft appropriate contract documents and prepare necessary commercial reports;
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of high value rail projects including civil infrastructure, tunnelling, stations, rail systems and finishing works.
- Expert in contract types, terms and legal requirements.
- Experience of being the lead commercial/cost professional on numerous projects
- It is anticipated that applicants will need to have had around 20 years’ experience in a relevant role to have the commercial, legal and contractual skills that are required.
- Demonstrable administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills in English.
- A degree in quantity surveying or equivalent and MRICS/HKIS/MInstCES is anticipated although ability and demonstrable capability is most important.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international joint venture consortium embarking on a 1Bln USD rail project in Manila, Philippines.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
An attractive salary package is available for outstanding candidates
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend