Contracts Manager x 2
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in strategic planning activities for specific projects (e.g., risk assessment, bid/no bid analysis, participation in business plan development, etc.).
- Provides technical guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
- Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise.
- Recruits, interviews, and evaluates prospective employees.
- Hires, takes corrective action as required, and approves terminations.
- Collaborates with Client and project management consultant to ensure proper support in proposal preparation, as well as contract negotiations and administration.
- Reviews requests for proposals to identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to policy. Negotiates the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with clients.
- Maintains an active participation in related professional societies to keep abreast of relevant contractual issues.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of operating in a pre and post contracts role as a Contracts Manager (or similar job title) on a large scale civils / infrastructure related project is essential
- Previous experience of working for a large International engineering consultancy on doing a PM role on a large project is desired
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of industry business practices and negotiation of Prime contracts
- Relevant working experience inclusing extensive contract administration, negotiation and claims management exposure
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East is also preferred
- Degree (or similar equivalent) in a relevant subject such as Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential
- A proven track record of dealing with large value claims, dispute resolution and arbitration Membership of a professional body such as the RICS or CIArb is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading engineering consultancy with offices throughout the World and a specialist expertise in civil engineering projects. Their turnover was in excess of $3Bn (US) in 2013 and they have a growing presence in the Middle Eastern market.