Responsibilities and Duties
Working closely with the Client on Rail scheme enabling works involving alterations to Bridges and Rail Track’s, with a view to increase the “gap” between Bridges and the Rail tracks that go underneath them, allowing more room. This will involve major works, and will involve very interesting elements and methods of construction, and candidates with Structural, Bridge or General Civil Engineering experience are strongly preferred.
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in the civil engineering sector is strongly preferred, especially in structural, bridges, rail or roads experience.
- Consultancy experience
- A Degree or equivalent is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a world leading cost consultancy in the construction sector with experience in all sectors of the construction industry. With thousands of employees worldwide, this is a great opportunity to work your way up the career ladder with a big name on your CV.