A client side Cost Manager is required to join a leading PM/ CM consultant in kaohsiung, Taiwan, to manage the design and delivery on behalf a prestigious client, a major data centre project.
The Cost Manager will lead a team to manage the day-to-day activities of the cost function of the project, and be the on- site key point of contact for key stakeholders and/or the Client
Responsibilities and Duties
In this management role, the Cost Manager will be tasked to:
- Develop a detailed target cost plan which will include understanding of site layout, conditions, and constraints and ensure that this is outlined in the RFI that is developed for the works packages.
- Liaison with client in relation to pricing methodology and our project-specific tendering process incl. examination of GC trade packages procurement strategy.
- Attendance at Kick Off workshop.
- Assist with the negotiation of utilities contributions.
- Assistance to Client PM in order to discuss and provide guidance on the best procurement route for this particular project.
- Develop project commercial plan detailing dates for estimates, GMP workshops and construction audits. Adjust the commercial plan as the project schedule is developed
- Support client with local contract terms and conditions, formulation of contract strategy and development of GC negotiation plan.
- Lead the commercial On-boarding of General Contractors in terms of familiarization with client process and procedures, reporting requirements etc.
- Manage the procurement of Sub-Contract Trade packages including reviewing the RFP documentation, the evaluation of GC analysis of returns, attendance at post RFP meetings, recommendation approval
- Analyse and lead the negotiations of all project changes submitted by vendors.
- Validation of vendors valuation of changes to the contract value and support to the PM in tracking those changes and their value. Maintain a live Change Order Request Log and update weekly. Support the internal client change approval process.
- Provision of a project financial report and attendance at the monthly cost review to present reports to Client management team.
- Attend and lead regular meetings with Client Project Controls
- View and validate actual progress on site based on site walks and apply against the agreed GMP / Lump Sum summary for monthly payment application reviews utilising the client standard
- In the Invoice Approval Process provide the role of Interim Approver of all project invoices.
- Attendance at and support to all regular Design Team meetings, Change Request Review meetings, Budget review meetings as scheduled by the Project Manager.
- Manage the change control process. Attend all weekly change meetings, provide contractual, construction cost and budget advice on all proposed changes, Keep record of all changes up to date on a weekly basis.
- Contingency shall be managed by way of a Quantitative Risk Analysis. Attend workshops throughout the project, review the risks, evaluate and provide costs showing the proposed levels of contingency required. The QRA shall be updated every month by the site cost manager.
- Support to client on any contractual matters arising from contractor or sub-contractor contract performance.
- Assist the Project Manager in implementation of the applicable Issues Resolution Processes.
- Provide role of interim reviewer on all project contract documents and approve on appropriate client platform.
- Review and audit Contractor’s insurance certificates / performance bonds against the Contract requirements follow through on deficiencies with the applicable stakeholders. Advise on any amendments which may be required by local market conditions.
- Lead the monthly management review meeting with the GC and assist the client PM with all commercial performance related concerns including instigating and tracking escalations.
- Compilation of Final Account and negotiation of same with GC.
- Presentation of the final account to client for agreement.
- Provide assistance to ckuebt with regard to any contractual claims that may occur on the project.
- Assist with all PO close-out
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in data center construction is preferred
- MEP experience is preferred
- Ability to lead a team of Cost Managers and report out to client senior management
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Knowledge of and perform to the following industry standards and practices:
- ASPE (American Society of Professional Estimators)
- CSI (Construction Specification Institute)
- AACEI (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering)
- SCEA (Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis)
- RICS (The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Cost Management or related technical field
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A global dynamic and agile construction consultancy providing innovative and cost effective project management and cost management solutions to major projects and clients across the world