An experienced Delay Analyst with experience of assisting in the preparation of expert reports for construction disputes, is required to work for a leading specialist consultancy in South Yorkshire.
The hiring company are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing dispute avoidance and resolution services to clients in the construction industry. This includes acting as expert witnesses for Quantum and Delay related issues.
The successful candidate will join a small but highly reputable firm with industry respected experts, and provide assistance on delay related issues for multiple client cases at any one time.
The client carries out its services with contractors and client organisations on projects across all sectors of the construction and engineering industry. These can range from disputes valuing from £100k all the way up to the tens of millions of GBP.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report directly into senior management and provide support and assistance on delay related issues on dispute resolution and dispute avoidance cases. This will include expert witness related analysis and ideally the drafting of parts of the expert report.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates will have a strong and successful background in a Planning role. Or a role such as Project / Construction Management, where they were heavily involved in the Planning function, including forensic planning / delay analysis
- Candidates must have some experience assisting in the preparation of expert reports
- Candidates should have a good working knowledge of common planning software’s such as Primavera P6
- Candidates should hold a relevant Degree or similar equivalent qualification
- Further qualifications relating to Construction Law such as LLM / MSc are highly desirable
- Membership to a relevant professional body such as the CIOB is advantageous, however is not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company are a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing dispute avoidance and resolution services to clients in the construction industry. This includes acting as expert witnesses and providing expert advisory services for Quantum and Delay related issues.
They are a small to medium sized consultancy with a strong reputation and industry respected experts. They provide services to clients nationwide, however they have a particularly strong presence in Yorkshire and the surrounding areas.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The client’s preferred option would be to hire someone on an initial 6 month contract with a view to this becoming a perm role. However candidates will be reviewed for either contract or permanent.
Day rate: Circa £750 - £800 per day