Design Engineer for Facade and Curtain Wall
An internationally reputed specialist contractor is now looking to hire prospective Design Engineer (Façade, Curtain Wall) for its pipeline of projects in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and understand technical requirements and the basis of necessary calculations, verifications, tests, etc.
- Project manage and lead a professional design team
- Successful execution and completion of visual mock-up(s), test mock-up(s), material testing.
- Establish a good working relationship with the Architect and design related Consultants.
- Participate in the project kick-off, project meetings, design reviews and project reviews covering compliance of design with the project specification, make-transport-install- ability, cost developments, programs, resources, mock-ups, approvals, etc.
- Work closely with Project Manager of any possible variations or claims arising from changes and deviations from contract documents as far as design, scope, mock ups, testing and approvals are concerned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 6 - 10 years’ experience in curtain wall, glass wall, façade design and 3D software
- 2 to 4 years practical experience in managing small teams or a design department is preferred
- Practical experience in curtain wall purchasing, fabrication and assembly process.
- Well versed with current 2-D and 3-D design software (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Experience in other relevant computer software such as Rhinoceros, Revit, Inventor, GSA, would be an advantage
- BSc or Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architectural Studies or Recognition through Prior Learning through industry experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a leading façade and interior company throughout the world. It is active in 27 countries worldwide and has always been striving for excellence in different projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive package is available for suitable candidates.