Design Manager Rail SystemsRef MAX8605 Job Posted 07/02/2019 Region Canada Location Toronto/Vancouver, Canada Salary CAD125K- 175K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client, a well respected global engineering and project management group is seeking to appoint high calibre, experienced and forward-thinking Rail and Transit systems Design Managers for their businesses across Canada and North America.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of the project rail systems team (train control/ signal, communications, and traction electrification system engineers) to accomplish project goals of prescribed time frame and funding.
- Establish work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and recruit or assign project resources.
- Direct and coordinate activities of Rail Systems engineers, interfacing engineers and Technicians
- Serve as a representative at meetings, presentations and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
- Develop, review and obtain confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of all discipline design and construction.
- Drive quality control for the Systems disciplines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to demonstrate expertise in one or more rail systems related disciplines e.g. power, telecoms, signalling, M&E, rolling stock at the application design or implementation level
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of train control systems, in the context of its implementation environment (e.g. telecoms systems and existing signalling systems infrastructure, Train and signaller operations, testing and commissioning etc.)
- Excellent Knowledge and Experience of railway systems, and the key interactions between other railway assets, and with railway operating practices.
- Experienced in leading and the integration of complex systems at the design stage as well as being able to contribute using specialist skills as demonstrated in the above
- Able to prepare and lead tender specifications for Clients and also prepare technical proposals in response to Tenders from Clients
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical preferred) is required.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer and ability to be licensed in state is required
- At least 10 years experience in the design and integration of rail transit systems is required
- At least 10 years experience in design management or supervisory capacity of commuter rail or light rail transit system or equivalent transit design experience is required
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A global design, engineering, program & project management group with a diverse portfolio of clients and an aggressive expansion plan invites suitably qualified and energetic individuals with rail transit design experience to join their business in one of multiple centres across Canada and North America.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- A very attractive salary and comprehensive relocation benefits are available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend