Director Institute of Construction
A major HK statutory organisation is looking for an energetic, forward thinking Director of the Institute of Construction to join their team and drive development across the construction industry.
The successful candidate will possess in-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the local construction industry and the challenges faced in terms of safety, cost and quality.
He / she will have a passion and flare for digital transformation and innovative construction methodology e.g. MiC and a reputable standing in the construction community.
Our client is a critical government institution and coordinating body established in 2007 to improve the quality and competitiveness of the construction industry sectors and promote good practices.
Our client acts as a communications platform / channel and is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, share knowledge, reflect the industry’s needs, improve labour relations, promote health & safety and sustainable construction and elevate the standards and skills of the industry via funding research and organising vocational training.
Responsibilities and Duties
Report to the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible:
- To formulate construction training strategies and policies in ensuring that the institute training courses meet the demands and quality standards of the industry and align with the Hong Kong education system;
- To possess insight and foresight of the manpower needs of the construction industry in the coming years and to lead proactively by formulating strategic plans ahead to meet those needs in consideration of institutes training facilities, teaching staff and other resources;
- To formulate strategic plans in advancing the image and reputation of institute locally, nationally and regionally;
- To strengthen and broaden the network with local stakeholders, including schools, trade unions, trade associations, professional bodies.
- To foster strong partnership and bondage with overseas stakeholders and training institutes, including those in Greater Bay Area, other parts of Mainland China, Asian regions, etc. with a view to explore collaboration opportunities such as exchange programmes to enhance the capabilities and exposure of teaching staff and students;
- To raise construction safety awareness by strengthening the content of safety training courses and the adoption of practical training and site experience with a view to educate students the importance of safety before they join the industry;
- To inspire for change and to encourage the wider adoption of new construction methods, technologies and other innovative solutions in the training courses;
- To monitor the strategic direction in the implementation of Qualification Framework (QF) for construction training courses in ensuring a career path which encourage youngsters to join the industry;
- To monitor the quality control and assurance measures of various training programmes to ensure they meet up the required QF standards and be able to reflect market demand and requirements; and
- To carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 18 years’ post-qualification experience in the construction field at management level, experience in training / education and familiar with the Hong Kong education system is preferred but not essential;
- A visionary leader with the commitment to achieve excellence in construction training with well-rounded knowledge and skillsets and an in-depth understanding of the manpower needs of the construction industry;
- A track record of success to drive for changes, including the application of innovative technology, and be able to inspire colleagues to change;
- Proven experience of building network and nurture strong bondage with stakeholders both locally and overseas, including Greater Bay Area, other parts of Mainland China, Asian regions;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effective and to influence all levels of the hierarchy;
- Insightful, innovative, highly motivated and creative in problem solving; and
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua is a must.
- A recognized degree, preferably post-graduate degree, in construction / engineering / related disciplines
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters.
This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefits