Director of Construction Dispute ResolutionRef MAX8955 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Vancouver, Canada Salary CAD$250k+ +Package Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Job Posted 22/06/2020 Status Live
Director of Construction Dispute Resolution job based in Vancouver; recruitment underway in Vancouver Canada for new job vacancy with premium international construction dispute consultancy.
Live job for a Director of Construction Dispute Resolution, with either a construction quantum or construction delay background, ideally with experience of testifying as an expert.
Will need experience and capability to set up, run & manage a new regional office of a premium international construction disputes consultancy.
A new job is now live for a construction industry Director of Construction Dispute Resolution.
Will need experience of and the capability to set up, run & manage a new regional office for a premium international construction disputes consultancy.
Ideally you will have strong Vancouver or Canadian construction quantum or delay expert witness experience although your capability, track record and reputation in construction disputes is more important than a local Vancouver or Canadian network if you posess the necessary networking and business development skills.
The successful candidate being appointed as Director of Construction Dispute Resolution will have extensive experience in construction industry quantum expert work on the Canadian or international stage in the UK, Middle East, Asia or elsewhere in the world on premium international world class projects that have been subject to complex construction delays and disputes.
The Director of Construction Dispute Resolution appointment will require a candidate for the job that has had significant experience as either the lead expert or the No.2 to the lead quantum or delay expert.
It is necessary that candidates that apply have strong business contacts within the international construction contracting, client, legal and disputes specialist sectors.
Applicants must have strong construction industry contacts and be able to network and win specialist construction quantum and delay work for the business based both on their own personal reputation and track record within the quantum and delay expert sector. The brand and reputation of the new employer is second to none and will sell itself.
Responsibilities and Duties
Vancouver, Canada-based Director of Construction Dispute Resolution Job Duties:
- Provide specialist expert advice relating to quantum or delay dispute matters
- Provide expert testimony in court as required
- Research and write high level Expert Reports
- Testify on Quantum or Delay dispute matters as required
- Set up, run & manage the new Vancouver regional office with support from other established regional offices in Canada and the Americas and worldwide
- Recruit and manage Quantum Consultants and Senior Quantum Consultants, Delay Analysts and other construction dispute professionals and assist in their professional development
- Taking a leading role in the growth and business development of new quantum and delay business with the use of your already established network of legal and other construction industry contacts to generate fee earning work and new commissions for yourself and the team you are strategically growing
- Workload will be a mixture of Canadian, American, North American and international work including both arbitration and adjudication work.
- Existing corporate clients and business plan will be shared with shortlisted applicants who will be staggered by the extent of the opportunity to grow additional business on the west side of Canada based from Vancouver
Desired Skills and Experience
Director of Construction Dispute Resolution Experience Required:
- Demonstrable previous experience of writing high calibre Expert Reports and of providing specialist expert advice relating to quantum or delay dispute matters
- Demonstrable experience of researching and writing high level Expert Quantum or Delay Construction Reports
- Experience of managing Quantum Consultants, Senior Quantum Consultants, Delay Analysts and assisting in their professional development and growing a division, department, cost centre or office profitably
- Demonstrable experience of successfully taking a leading role in business development by using a network of legal and other contacts to generate work and commissions
- A strong track record in performing fee earning Expert Quantum or Delay analysis work
- Ability to undertake high level expert quantum or delay report writing
- At least 10+ years of experience in a suitably senior premium quantum or delay and dispute role
- Experience of international arbitrations would be highly advantageous
- Experience of international adjudications would also be advantageous
- RICS Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors membership or InstCES Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors Chartership desired or
- MICE / other engineering construction industry chartership highly desired.
- A construction law degree or related comparable postgraduate qualification is highly desirable such as MSc / LLB in Construction Law and Arbitration
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is one of the top names in the world relating to construction end engineering dispute resolution.
They have already been appointed to carry out a range of dispute resolution and avoidance work with many of the premium construction industry organisations in Canada, and are now looking to grow their on the ground presence in the west coast of Canada based from Vancouver.
The appointment of a Director of Construction Dispute Resolution will preceed the appointment of additional senior level staff to grow the business further.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Premium Salary
- Generous Bonus based on individual and regional performance
- Quantum Expert Witness Chicago, Illinois, USA - Negotiable
- Quantum Expert Witness Houston, Texas, USA - Negotiable
- Quantum Expert Witness New York, USA - Negotiable
- Quantum Expert Witness Toronto, Canada - Negotiable
- Global Managing Director of Expert Witness Technical Services Central London - to £200,000 + Package + Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend