Engineering Design ManagerRef MAX7464 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A first class Engineering Design Manager is required to join an international Contractor based in Hong Kong. With the expanding scope of their business this will be a great chance for a long term career move.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reporting to the senior leadership team, you will provide critical direction to the design development and coordination on this major project from inception to completion.
- Leading and supervising a team of engineers and draughtsmen in design/detailing work.
- Manage the production of construction issue documentation
- Technical advice and solutions in the design of temporary & permanent works, construction & sequencing issues.
- Relevant authority approvals.
- Leading and driving project design and buildability as it affects safety and quality
- Reviewing and checking of final design/detailing work.
- Planning and interfacing with other major stakeholders
- Training and grooming of engineering team.
- Resource management
- Daily and weekly internal meetings
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of hands on design experience in concrete, steel and architectural finishes
- Substantial Experience in Design & Design Management, Construction Management & Team building / leading
- Experiences in temporary steelwork design and fabrication, movable scaffolding system, temporary staging and false work
- Previous experience of working in Asia is highly advantageous
- The candidate must have excellent communication & inter-personal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Local Building Ordinance in Hong Kong
- Familiar with architectural requirements from local statutory bodies and familiar with up-to-date industry practices
- Able to work under pressure and communicate effectively and fluently in English & Cantonese
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- Chartered from a recognized institution is highly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major Asian construction and real estate development powerhouse with aggressive plans for growth and exciting opportunities for those joining the business.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A very attractive salary package with benefits is available for the right candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend