Engineering ManagerRef MAX8841 Job Posted 11/01/2020 Region Hong Kong Location Fo Tan, Hong Kong Salary Neg Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client, a successful medium sized HK based structural design consultancy, is seeking to appoint an experienced Engineering Manager to join their team and manage the engineering function of multiple projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take the lead in managing delivery of engineering projects and assisting the company management in growing their established design office in Hong Kong.
- Client has offices in Shenzhen and Singapore as well as Hong Kong.
- Work in hand currently covers Hong Kong and Singapore projects and the team in Shenzhen are providing essential engineering services supporting these projects.
- With projected growth in staff resources, focus for projects will expand to cover other markets in future.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The successful candidate will possess contemporary engineering skills in geotechnical and/or structural disciplines.
- In addition he/she will have team leadership experience in delivering detailed design solutions.
- Leading and supervising a team of engineer and draughtsmen in design/detailing work.
- Defining conceptual and performing preliminary design work.
- Reviewing and checking of final design/detailing work.
- Training and grooming of engineering team.
- Managing of projects to ensure quality work could be delivered to client within schedule and budget.
- Assisting in tender project costing and quotation work.
- Site visit and participation in project audit when necessary.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Chartered engineer status or equivalent will be preferred,
- Around 15 years or more of relevant experience in engineering design;
- Experience in a contractor’s design environment would be an advantage;
- Experience in the application of geotechnical finite element analysis software and structural analysis software,
- Familiar with all aspects of the design submissions process for various types of projects in Hong Kong,
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Client is a professional civil engineering design firm specialising in supporting main contractors at both tender and contract stage.
Client provides solutions for construction methodology, erection analysis, temporary works and alternative designs for major civil and building works.
Their expertise encompasses both steel and reinforced/prestressed concrete structures, geotechnical work and heavy lifting as well as pre-fabricated and modularised structures.
They aim to work at the forefront of engineering where the skill and inventiveness of our staff add true value to our clients, enabling them to secure high value projects at tender stage and then add further value as the projects are constructed.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend