Engineering Manager Systems AssuranceRef MAX8818 Job Posted 11/01/2020 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Bay, HK Salary HK$120-HK$150K/ m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client, a major global transportation business headquartered in Hong Kong is seeking to appoint an Engineering Manager (RAM) to develop and implement systems assurance for their rail projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and manage System Assurance (SA) framework and requirements (from planning to detailed design) for extension and investment projects as well as mega asset replacement projects
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and define the requirements on reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) for new rail lines / projects and resolve related issues
- Perform check & balance duties as the second line of defence of SA work of related projects within and outside Hong Kong
- Manage a team of SA engineers to provide professional support, review implementation and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Liaise with the EMSD Railway Branch of the HKSAR Government to identify safety risk concerns and formulate effective strategies to ensure the delivery of safe and reliable new railway lines
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience in application of SA / operational risk management, preferably gained in large-scale multi-disciplinary railway projects, of which 6 years should be at managerial level with exposure in green field and brown field projects
- Hands-on experience in establishing and assessing input & output with related processes such as FMEA, HAZAP identification, risk rating, risk matrix and reliability targets
- Experience in evaluating risks and providing mitigations associated with new technology / application is essential
- Proven leadership capability with excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Risk Management or a related discipline
- Possession of Corporate Membership of a recognised professional institution
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Major global infrastructure developer / operator with a vast portfolio of mega projects ongoing and in the pipeline. Expanding its operations / network and looking for an experienced candidate to fulfil this role.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend