Environmental Manager Air, Noise and Green Buildings
An Environmental Manager with experience in noise, air and green buildings is required to join a prestigious client team in Hong Kong
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Manager, Environment and play a major role in ensuring that the client's development projects are undertaken to best practice environmental standards and achieve compliance with all applicable environmental and related legislation, including the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance and other applicable environmental legislation, standards and criteria.
Responsibilities and Duties
- He/She will need a thorough knowledge of all environmental impacts anticipated for the scale and types of development considered and the required mitigation measures and environmental best practice covering both the construction and operations phases.
- A hands-on approach will be needed in all necessary environmental assessments and fieldwork activity and in preparation and drafting of assessment reports, design and contract specifications and related materials.
- He/She will be involved in overseeing project progress and in environmental consultancy management, coordination, internal and external liaison (e.g. with Government authorities, design and construction teams), as well as coordination of engagement with key local/ community stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, of which minimum of 6 years in managing position;
- Specialist knowledge and experience in air quality assessment, noise assessment, and green building design would be advantageous;
- Solid and proven hands-on management experience of environmental and/ or project management of large scale multi-disciplinary construction projects;
- Track records of effective liaison and coordination with regulatory authorities on delivering major public projects and experience in stakeholder engagement and public consultation;
Conversant with Hong Kong environmental legislation and its application on large-scale construction projects;
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and communication skills;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and project management software tools.
- Environmental Manager - Noise, Air, Green Buildings - Hong Kong - Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in environmental or related discipline. Master’s degree is preferable;
- Member of HKIE, HKIEIA, CIWEM or other equivalent professional bodies would be advantageous.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A highly reputable and well known client in Hong Kong with a history of completing of landmark mega scale projects. The successful candidate will benefit from excellent in-house training and development with the chance to work on landmark projects in Hong Kong.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A very attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate.