Construction careers don't get better than this! Exciting long-term opportunity for Estimation Managers preferably with experience in infrastructure projects, particularly tunnelling, looking for a job in Hong Kong. Our client, one of the major Hong Kong contractors, is busy bidding, winning, and delivering major infrastructure projects and looking to appoint an experienced Head of Estimation to join the team.
You’ll be initially based in our client’s Hong Kong office.
To lead the preparation and submission of tender pricing carried out in close collaboration with technical and planning as well as joint venture partners and third parties where applicable.
The Estimation Manager will be responsible for ensuring the estimate preparation, finalisation and submission complies with company's corporate governance requirements, win strategy and the requirements of the conditions of tender, with the objective of maximizing competitiveness and profitability for the company.
Support the relationships and coordinate with stakeholders, including client, joint venture partners, consultants and supply chain.
Maintain the company's branding and reputation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the company in the pursuit of new work opportunities.
- Manage the estimation team including coordinating with internal departments and external resources to ensure the tender estimate preparation and submission meets the tender conditions and timelines for both the company, joint venture partners and client.
- Assist in identification and implementation of the tender win strategy and the identification of resources (both internal and external) in order to develop and submit a competitive tender.
- Coordinate with the bid team to identify key supply chain partners and engage with the supply chain to help identify innovative solutions including new products/ methodologies and technologies that may be considered to provide the company with a competitive advantage.
- Lead the tender pricing, including valuation of value engineering options that can provide a competitive advantage.
- Evaluate new products/methodologies/ technologies that exist in the market that can provide the company a competitive advantage.
- Participate in R&O workshops to identify tender risks and opportunities and strategies to mitigate.
- Ensure that the company governance requirements for the preparation, approvals and submission of the tender are complied with.
- Regularly meet with the bid team, consultants and partners to ensure deliverables are being achieved and to maintain key relationships. Attend client tender briefing meetings and post tender clarifications.
- To promote a positive relationship with partners and other key stakeholders.
- To oversee management of the estimation processes to ensure that best practice and robust processes are used in the estimation process.
- To manage and update the estimation database in order to ensure that information on pricing, suppliers and subcontractors are adequately managed and available for future tenders.
- To adhere to the health, safety & environmental standards of the company.
- To foster an environment that provides opportunities and enables development, progression and succession of staff in the estimation team.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Pre-Contracts and Commercial Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10-15 years of relevant working experience in construction company as a Senior Estimator
- Relevant experience in civil infrastructure and buildings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major Hong Kong civil infrastructure contractor with offices across Asia. They’ve completed numerous civil engineering and building construction projects regionally. They are looking to strengthen their core team in Hong Kong and can offer an exciting and stable construction career path and seeking a long-term commitment in return.