An Estimator is required to join a premium real estate and development cost consultancy in Vancouver. Estimator for this job role must have some estimating experience with elemental format and will be ambitious and looking for a fast-track training and career path.
Estimator for this job role must have some estimating experience, ideally dealing with elemental estimating or understanding estimating in an elemental format. Previous experience from professional Quantity Surveyor / Cost consultancy background would be best suited for this Estimator role.
The wider team includes cost and loan monitoring professionals who are already working on many of Vancouver’s exciting new development projects.
Successful Estimator Candidate will be based at Vancouver, British Columbia office.
A competitive salary package is on offer for the Estimator candidate with local Vancouver, British Columbia experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of an Estimator will be to:
- Cost estimating and pricing of projects using a methodology familiar to PQS / cost consultancy experienced Cost Estimators
- Using Elemental Format estimates
- Advising clients on budgets and in due course helping them to manage their cost management systems.
- Working within a team of technical advisors and cost estimators
- Commercial management duties
- Working successfully in a team environment
- Understanding and working to manage project risks
- To complete estimating tasks independently
- To provide support and assistance to colleagues, and accounts team in peak periods.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally Estimator candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying/ Cost Consultancy or similar background.
Suitable Estimator Candidate will have:
- 3-4 years’ experience in the construction field, preferably local Vancouver, British Columbia experience
- Understanding estimating in elemental format
- Good understanding of the building industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, including Excel
- Great enthusiasm towards developing your career
- For this Estimator vacancy qualifications are not essential, however Qualification to Degree level in a relevant Cost or Construction related subject, such as Quantity Surveying is beneficial
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a construction cost consultancy with an office located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
They have a sociable office and a small team who work closely together and have a collaborative working environment. Their employees are supported with with career development, further education, training and professional memberships.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- up to $120k for Canadian experience
- up to $80k if not local