General Manager for Airport ConstructionRef MAX8041 Job Posted 08/09/2017 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong, Lantau Island Salary Salary Negotiable Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
General Manager, Airport Construction. This is a fixed-term contract position of minimum 2 years with possibility for renewal subject to organization need and individual performance.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the General Manager, Third Runway Concourse will lead a major element of the Project Delivery Team, which is responsible for building construction delivery, testing, commissioning and client hand-over. S/He is responsible for directing the successful and safe construction of all project building facilities, on-time and within-budget, throughout the entire project delivery process to ensure they meet or exceed the objectives and expectations of the Operators, Users and Stakeholders. S/he will be appointed the Employer’s Construction Stage Project Manager on construction projects and will also lead cross-functional business teams comprising other business & operation departments and external stakeholders to inform and coordinate effective consultation with the airport community.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Determine project objectives, construction programmes, and manage resources to effectively and efficiently implement the Third Runway Concourse (TRC) related construction works.
• Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams comprising other business & operation departments and external stakeholders to inform and ensure appropriate aspects and operational constraints are considered in construction works.
• Direct the procurement of project TRC related construction contracts. Chair the tender assessment team in the evaluation & analysis of both technical evaluations and price submissions; and make appropriate recommendations for tender award.
• Oversee preparation of construction requirements, drawings, 3D BIM models, method statements, technical specifications and standards, for architectural, structural, building, M & E, fit-out and systems works.
• Manage the safe implementation of construction works in compliance with architectural and engineering design and specification on programme and within budget. Proactively resolve construction issues and unexpected incidents whilst maintaining project delivery focus, including resolving construction challenges and developing necessary solutions.
• Act as Employer’s Construction Stage Project Manager under the construction contract responsible for the delegated contractual duties including but not limited to contractual instructions, variations, extensions of time, valuations, financial certification, approval of design and construction deliverables and management of interface works. Provide technical input to claim analysis, dispute teams and if necessary representing the Authority in mediation.
• Manage the testing, commissioning, statutory inspections and hand-over of completed facilities to client operators and owners.
• Lead, inspire and empower a department of Principal Managers, Senior Managers, key in-house senior professional project managers and airport engineers, architects, building code specialists, contract experts and technical staff. Establish a People Plan to retain highly skilled, experienced, motivated and innovative professionals with specific competence in the project management of the Project.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Proven experience in the project management of large, complex multi-disciplinary construction projects with particular experience in airports through implementation to completion, commissioning and hand-over.
• A university degree and professional qualification in engineering, architecture or similar construction disciplines, with not less than 20 years post qualification experience, including at least 10 years in a position with a senior management responsibility.
• Chartered status/membership of HKIE/HKIA or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
• A highly reputable and well known client in Hong Kong with a history of completing landmark mega scale projects. The successful candidate will benefit from excellent working relationships with the opportunity to manage the planning & programming function of the largest infrastructure project in Hong Kong.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Highly attractive salary package and benefits available to the right candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend