General Manager - Planning
It will be Hong Kong’s largest single infrastructure project, the project involves the planning, development, design and construction and is to be completed within an eight year programme with an overall budget of in excess of HK$140Billion
The project involves the planning, development, design and construction of the following major facilities:
- Reclamation of approximately 650 ha of land bounded by over 13km of seawall;
- Construction of a runway, associated taxiways and apron with 57 aircraft parking positions;
- Construction of concourse;
- Expansion of an existing terminal into a full service processing terminal together with associated road network;
- Provision of a new Automated People Mover system and an integrated maintenance depot that serves also the existing system;
- Provision of a new high-speed Baggage Handling System;
- Construction of other associated airport support infrastructure, specialist systems, facilitates and utilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
General Manager - Planning - Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Deputy Director, the post holder is responsible for managing the Planning & Programming sub-unit and is directly accountable for all aspects of planning, programming and coordination of the Master Programme to ensure the development project is delivered on time.
- S/he is an expert professional planner who manages the sub-unit of which comprises senior professionals in the role of Senior Managers, key in-house professional airport planners and programme specialists and technical staff, supported by out-sourced Consultants.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring the design, tender and construction follow the Master Programme s/he has developed to deliver the development within 8 years.
- S/he is responsible for leading the extensive coordination with various stakeholders including government departments to ensure all key processes such as statutory processes, operational constraints, construction phasing and sequence of the works to meet the Master Programme.
- S/he will provide centralised Functional Leadership of all planning & programme staff within the Project Delivery Team to provide “single-source-of-truth” and “positive challenge” to avoid over-optimistic assessment of project progress.
- S/he will be responsible for the risk management plan to identify potential risks generated from any uncertainties including the availability of major plant, material and labour and develop risk management plans and contingencies for implementation.
- Develop and manage Master Programme that achieves an 8 year construction development programme.
- Proactively manage programme dynamically revising milestones and key dates to reflect progress, opportunities and setbacks whilst still achieving overall 8 year deadline.
- Control the comprehensive Risk Management Plan. Conduct quantitative & qualitative risk assessments, identification of risk management strategies, develop risk management plans, prepare contingencies and coordinate the role of risk managers.
- Functional Lead of all project planning & programme reporting through the establishment of a full suite of schedule, risk and change reporting tools to be utilised by the project delivery team and management of embedded resources within these teams.
- Lead and coordinate internal and external stakeholders consultation to ensure appropriate aspects and operational constraints are considered in planning and programme of design and construction work.
- Deliver all Statutory Approvals including FSRO, Buildings Department Occupation Permits, Fire Services Certificates, Aerodrome Licence requirements, Civil Aviation approvals to meet the Master Programme.
- Assist Operational Groups to develop an integrated Operational Readiness Programme for phased operation
Desired Skills and Experience
Proven experience in the management of planning and programme management of large complex multi-disciplinary construction projects with particular experience in airports.
- A university degree and professional qualification in engineering or similar construction discipline, with not less than 20 years’ post qualification experience, including at least 10 years in a position with senior management responsibility.
- Chartered status/membership of HKIE or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A highly reputable and well known client in Hong Kong with a history of completing landmark mega scale projects. The successful candidate will benefit from excellent working relationships with the opportunity to manage the planning & programming function of the largest infrastructure project in Hong Kong.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary package and benefits available to the right candidate.