Lead EstimatorRef MAX8689 Job Posted 05/04/2019 Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary $120k - $150k + package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Lead Estimator is required in Toronto to be part of a team working on major infrastructure and rail projects across the region. You will report in the Cost Management lead and support all aspects of project estimation and project controls.
You will work as a senior level Estimator on major projects in the infrastructure and rail sectors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking a lead role in estimating interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Review and validate cost estimates prepared by contractors and technical disciplines within the Client organization.
- Coordinate costing of complex projects include taking ownership of and presenting the final estimate.
- Managing and preparing the development of Level 1 & 2 cost estimates for various scopes associated with civil and rail projects
- Manage package level reporting for estimates
- Be adept at managing estimating expectations requested by a large team of project managers
- Provide appropriate technical input to challenge/test designs, methodologies proposed for projects
- Provide support to the post contract change management assessment process
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve estimating procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients
- Assisting in research related to construction market conditions throughout Canada, including analysis of official published data as it pertains to commission requirements
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is inputted into internal databases and shared.
- Quality Control – Ensuring compliance with quality standards and participation in ISO audits
- Staff management – Inputting into the formal management of the estimating team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experienced at leading and delivering estimating functions within large infrastructure and rail projects
- A well-developed understanding of civil and rail infrastructure projects
- A thorough understanding of the characteristics of costs on projects over a project life cycle
- Experience of working within the consultancy sector
- Experience of working in the Canadian construction market
- Well-developed analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experienced user of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Detailed working knowledge of proprietary cost management system, concepts, tools and techniques and a working knowledge of accountancy systems such as SAP, Oracle, CostX, Unifier and industry estimating software
- A recognized relevant university degree
- Membership of a recognised and relevant professional organization is preferred but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is an international consultancy working within the construction and infrastructure sectors, operating across numerous continents on landmark projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend