Lead Project Manager
Our client is a major specialist curtain walling, structural steelwork and roofing contractor with offices throughout Asia.
A highly experienced and driven Project Manager is required to join their team in Hong Kong. With the expanding scope of their business this will be a great chance for a long term career move.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Full Project control and management including, including but not limited to, planning, financial and commercial controls, supervising and staffing control to ensure fulfilment of client’s requirement, executing the project with all contract conditions being on time, in compliance with group and project safety policies, within budget and delivering the project to the agreed quality.
- Reporting monthly internally on budget development, variations and claims, progress, forecast of cost and project cash position
- Ensure all necessary Group regulations are respected and shall negotiate and agree all variations and claims with the Client and/or MC and to be the only point of reference for the project for the Client and MC therefore, unless it is explicitly decided otherwise by the Construction/Managing Director (for instance they could be a point of reference for the Client or MC themselves).
- Make decisions to a degree defined by the Construction Director in terms of variations, claims, changes in the project organization, subcontracting of work and overtime in the departments (in coordination with the department managers).
- Work within the both the groups and the projects safety policies and cannot issue any instruction that could jeopardize the safety of workers or the public.
- Start up the project by taking into account all tender information defined for the kick-off as described in the design process.
- Compose a full Project Plan as described in the processes within 6 weeks after contract award and maintaining and updating this plan during the life of the project.
- Insist and achieve a quality project team for the execution of the project.
- Ensure project execution following timely the steps, procedures and requirements of the design, procurement, production and site installation process.
- Manage the overall budget of the project and ensure that justified variations and claims are concluded, contra-charges and counter-claims are defended as necessary and concluded with Client, MC, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Negotiate Interim/Final Account with the Client.
- Ensure that necessary bonds are correctly issued and/or received
- Timely handover of the project with the contractual required quality to the Client and manage the handover procedure of the project is followed, practical completion of the project is achieved, including all required documentation, post-practical completion de-snagging is completed and a certificate of making good defects is obtained.
- Manage and oversee proper and necessary administration of the project and maintain compliance with all Group regulations and requirements.
- Monitor the work program and site works and implement control measures where necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience with 5 years at managerial level, preferably in curtain walling/structural steel/cladding projects.
- Possess effective skills and knowledge in reading building plan, site monitoring and managing construction activities.
- Proven track record in project management of building construction projects. Ability to oversee the entire process and knowledgeable in project management relating to all operational and administration procedures.
- Self motivated and dynamic with a proven ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Good team player with ability to lead a team.
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Office necessary.
- Good command of English
Degree/Higher Diploma in Architectural, Building studies or related discipline preferred but not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
One of the leading roofing and façade construction companies in Asia is pushing to expand its operations in the area.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Excellent salary package and benefits available for the right candidate.