Managing Director -Geoconsulting
Based in the Hong Kong office and reporting directly to the APAC Regional Director.
With full P&L responsibility for the service line, this is primarily a business-oriented position, rather than a technical role, although a relevant technical background is a prerequisite. The role provides a unique opportunity for a committed, decisive and proactive person to develop the geoconsulting service line both in Hong Kong and in the wider APAC region.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Managing a subsidiary office of 250ppl and 3 teams : Private sector, government projects and technical and consulting services.
• P&L management of the business, including the preparation and achievement of profit plans
• Strategic planning to drive the regional expansion agenda
• Effectively utilize staff and resources to ensure that projects are delivered safely, profitably, on time and meeting client expectations
• Generating and maintaining excellent client relationships and networks
• Leading by example in Health, Safety, Security, Quality, and Environment matters
• Driving change and improvement in the APAC Land Geoconsulting service line
• Participating as part of the management team for the company’s overall Land business in the APAC region
Desired Skills and Experience
• The ideal person would be someone who has very strong business sense, be able to explore more business opportunities and generate income for the company.
• Being able to manage and ensure a smooth operation of the office.
• A working knowledge of finance / accounts and ideally, previous P&L responsibility
• Hands-on technical experience in engineering consultancy of relevant disciplines gained through increasing levels of responsibility.
• Preferably previous experience gained in the Asia Pacific regional market, including Hong Kong, Greater China, South East Asia and Australia.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and ideally Chinese (Cantonese / Putonghua).
• Flexibility to travel whenever necessary.
• University degree (preferably post-graduate) in a relevant technical discipline, and preferably a post-graduate qualification in a business-related discipline.
• Corporate member of HKIE (Civil or Geotechnical Engineering discipline) or equivalent.
• RPE/RGE or equivalent.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. They provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package and benefits available to the successful candidate.