Managing Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Managing Quantity Surveyor
Due to rapid expansion in Hong Kong an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor is needed to join an establish Hong Kong based main contractor. You will be involved with a variety of construction projects in both building and civil divisions, and will have management responsibility for a team of Quantity Surveyors. This is an excellent prospect to join a growing business with long term career development opportunities
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate strong contractual and commercial knowledge.
- Demonstrate good contract drafting skills.
- Ability to negotiate to a high level in order to avoid client confrontation and undesirable claim situations.
- Manage and check all contract arrangements to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting.
- Supervise project cash flow and supervision of the submission of interim applications for payment.
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement.
- Supervise the pricing of major variations and extra works.
- Prepare commercial reports.
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the Commercial Director
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of working with a main contractor in Hong Kong
- Experience of working in a management grade role with staff supervision responsibilities
- Candidates with both civil and building project experience will be considered
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese and English
- Strong time management and ability to manage your own workload
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Chartered membership such as MRICS/MHKIS is highly desired
- Postgraduate qualification is an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a rapidly expanding contractor with projects in a variety of sectors including roads, bridges, airport infrastructure, railway infrastructure, ports, reclamation, marine structures, residential/commercial buildings and tunnels, Competitive salary and benefits package is on offer along with excellent long term career development and opportunities. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.