Summary of Planning Engineer Job Vacancy - Hong Kong
Time for a change! An excellent opportunity is provided to experience planners!
Our client is a well-known Main Contractor in Hong Kong. They are looking for experienced planning engineers to join their team. Successful applicants will be working on different huge building projects in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To operate a planning system in accordance with the planning procedures, providing a consistently high level of service.
- To effectively and professionally undertake the planning function on multiple live projects ensuring the production teams are delivering the project time objectives.
- Working as part of production team, With dual role as independent assessor of progress, giving confidence in project status to senior management
- To maintain regular contact with Line Management and, where appropriate, other departments, on matters affecting their own areas of responsibility.
- Understand for each project the level of planning service and anticipated time allocation to provide that service
- Summarise projects status upstream to senior management, highlighting any unresolved major risks and potential overruns
- Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with Hong Kong building construction work and site experience would be preferred
- Familiar with statutory submission procedures at various construction stages
- Good computer knowledge and proficient in project-planning applications including Primavera P3/ P6, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Cantonese is necessary
*Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Planning Engineer*
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or other relevant discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This Hong Kong based contractor has fast growing building and civil engineering divisions and is keen to employ high calibre construction and engineering staff. Excellent long term prospects and career development is on offer. Full details will be given to shortlisted applicants.