An enthusiastic Planning Engineer is required to lead the planning and project controls function on a major landfill project in South East New Territories.
Based primarily on site in the project office in TKO
Responsibilities and Duties
- In charge of pre and post contract construction planning works.
- Develop construction methodology and resources allocation, participating in the writing up of technical submission, drawing preparation, etc.
- Preparation of programs, target programs and short term rolling programs.
- Progress reporting to client and contractors and keep regular liaison with involved parties.
- Identify potential delay causing risks and provide preventative methods.
- Analysis of other involved programs from contractor, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure progress of construction is meeting target.
- Liaison with the claims team to ensure all contractual matters are maintained and protected.
- To operate a project controls system in accordance with the planning procedures, providing a consistently high level of service.
- Summarise projects status upstream to senior management, highlighting any unresolved major risks and potential overruns
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in civil engineering works such as roads, viaducts, bridges, tunnels, landfill, reclamation. ELS, foundation engineering
- Good computer knowledge and proficient in project-planning applications including Primavera P3/ P6, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Cantonese
- MUST have previous experience in planning within construction project, ideally in Hong Kong.
- Familiar with statutory submission procedures at various construction stages
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Professional membership with a recognized institution will be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a major global waste, water, and waste to energy services provider. With offices across China, Asia and the west, it strives to provide sustainable solutions to its clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications