Planning Manager - Claims
Summary of Planning Manager - Claims Job Vacancy - Central (Hong Kong)
Are you waiting for the perfect role?
A large main local construction contractor is now urgently looking for an experienced Planning Manager to join their team in Hong Kong. The opportunity provides the chance to work for one of Hong Kong's premier contractors on some of the most prestigious and rewarding projects in HK.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Overseeing & Managing Planning Engineers and Site Engineers
- Manage logic networks based on critical path (P6)
- Assist in the development and preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports to the client
- Assist in the updating of the Baseline Schedule, including executive summary report preparation
- Identify bottleneck areas and alerting management as well as develop solutions
- Chair and attend meetings with the client and owner and provide information to team members regarding new direction or updated information
- Chair progress meetings with the subcontractors
- Prepare and respond to letters from the client regarding delays and other job related issues
- Developing the appropriate systems and procedures to deliver services to client
- Assist the Claims Team in preparing time extension or delay analysis reports
- Coordinate with the Commercial Team to ensure planning goals are achieved
- Be a team Leader to ensure all deliverables are submitted in a timely fashion
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have previous planning experience on construction projects, ideally civil projects.
- Experience in identifying delays and preparing impact or time extension analysis reports
- Familiar in the use of planning software such as Primavera 6 and MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Immediately availability or short notice period will be an advantage.
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Professional membership with a recognized institution will be an advantage.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a major player in Asian civil engineering contracting & tunneling works. With projects both locally and internationally to Hong Kong and varying from civil to private projects it has successfully set itself up in Hong Kong as one of the top building and civil engineering contractors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package and benefit are provided to the right candidates. With some of the most prestigious and rewarding projects, this is definitely a great opportunity for your career development.