Planning Manager TendersRef MAX8816 Job Posted 04/11/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Island Salary Up to HK$110K / m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An international civils contracting business is seeking to appoint a high calibre Planning Manager to lead tenders then move to the project once awarded. The successful individual will be pivotal in the growth and on-going success of their Asia business.
You will be stationed in HQ on HK Island and travel to project sites as required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Head office based position to support tender preparation and submission
- Analysis and consolidate technical methodology for tender preparation
- Coordinate technical input from various departmental disciplines
- Provide cost effective solutions and understand client requirements to enable achievement of clients target in terms of time and deliver quality projects with economic construction methods;
- Propose means and method of construction, temporary works requirement, identify critical areas of concerns and risk of projects;
- Advise on buildability, development strategy related to procurement and construction, pre-qualification and tender programming / methodology / system formwork / logistics / plant manpower resourcing;
- Develop the base line programme and ensure overall progress of work from pre-construction stage through to completion is efficient
- Monitor and maintain detailed project schedule, work breakdown structure, project and activity coding and resource loading
- Set up and maintain Critical Path networks, including updating, reporting and implementation of logic and resource changes
- Assist to prepare timely and accurate reports and schedule plans for project management and effective project control
- Monitor the scheduling of project milestones and ensure any potential delays or risks are met with appropriate solutions.
- Liaise with client, consultants and contractors to review progress of project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience with Hong Kong building construction work would be preferred
- Familiar with statutory submission procedures at various construction stages
- Experience on preparing technical proposal and tender submission
- Good computer knowledge and proficient in project-planning applications including Primavera P3/ P6, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Able to work independently and work together with other team members
- Degree in Building Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent;
- Member of HKIE, ICE or other recognized professional bodies highly preferred;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a well respected construction and engineering business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and benefits is available for the right candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend