Pre Contract Senior Commercial Manager
An exciting new Pre-Contract Senior Commercial Manager job opportunity with global, multidisciplinary consultancy within their procurement and contracts division. The suitable Senior Commercial Consultant candidate will be highly experienced in pre-contract commercial strategy.
The successful Senior Procurement Consultant candidate will be supporting the commercial transformation of the employers clients’ programmes and organisations. The Role is to develop, implement and optimise commercial and contract strategies on some of the largest projects and programmes.
The wider team includes specialists in procurement and contract strategy, claims management and dispute resolution services.
Further opportunities are available to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for the employer’s blue chip client portfolio.
A competitive salary package is on offer commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some of the key responsibilities and duties of this Pre-Contract Senior Commercial Manager role will include:
- Providing commercial support and decision making to clients, managing their contracts to ensure delivery of their objectives of a project and deliver good value for money
- Development and implementation of innovative commercial and contract strategies aligned to the clients’ key outcomes
- Tender pricing and commercial evaluation strategies that provide vest value for money.
- Contract drafting with particular focus on commercial terms.
- Collaborating with client and contractor teams to manage the delivery of project deliverables and objectives
- Support business development and marketing of procurement services
- To support the delivery of both team and wider business targets.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A strong background across the procurement lifecycle, including strategy development, tender preparation and development.
- Previous experience of contract drafting with particular focus on commercial terms
- Skilled in the development of performance metrics such as KPIs
- Excellent experience of various forms of contracts with particular focus on NEC and JCT.
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Excellent communication skills and determination to succeed
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft office programs, including Excel
- A BSc related to Quantity Surveying, civil engineering, law or procurement or other construction related field or equivalent
- Working towards or willing to work towards MCIPS or MRICS
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Full details of this global, premium consultancy will be given to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary negotiable based on experience