Programme Director, Airport Infrastructure DevelopmentRef MAX8550 Job Posted 16/08/2018 Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Maxim Recruitment is working with The GTAA - The Greater Toronto Airport Authority, the premier Airport Authority in Toronto, Canada, to find a number of dynamic Program Directors for different aspects of a 5 year CAD$2.1 Billion capital works programme running over the next 5 years. Applicants MUST have experience from inception to completion of highly complex high value projects.
This particular Program Director role is to lead a programme of civil engineering infrastructure construction works across the whole of Toronto Pearson Airport. A passionate results driven professional is needed to join the team that is expanding Toronto airport to cater for growing airline and passenger growth numbers. This is a unique opportunity to join a team focused on infrastructure development and to make an immediate impact. Reporting to the Director responsible for the development and construction of the airport, you will manage the delivery of the assigned projects within schedule and budget. Projects are multi-year, highly complex and typically range between CAD $50 million - $400 million. This Program Director job role will provide leadership to direct, indirect and peer teams, including the design and construction teams. This role will deliver superior project performance including oversight and management of the design, development and construction of multiple complex airport redevelopment projects.
The Program Director responsible for the civil engineering airport infrastructure construction works will have Program Director responsibility for large scale and complex civils works including apron and ground side civil engineering works at Toronto Pearson Airport. The successful applicant will take immediate responsibility for all projects about to start.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Deliver assigned civil engineering infrastructure construction projects, including groundside civils and approach roads on time and within established budgets
• Ensure compliance with established project management and safe work processes
• Project delivery: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closeout of assigned projects
• Maintain strong communication and direct accountability to client groups and broader stakeholders that will include the close coordination to minimize disruption to daily operations and
maintain a high level of guest experience
• Initiate background studies, reports and design for long term major programs/projects
• Manage assigned project and associated team to provide a high level of customer service within budget and aligned to the airport's strategic direction
• Establish and maintain governance plan for assigned projects
• Direct project design consultant and contractor/construction manager teams through execution of their roles and deliverables
• Develop and implement the necessary design and construction procurement strategies to effectively deliver assigned airport projects
• Build and lead a team of internal professionals including outside contractors, engineers and specialists; coordinate all efforts of this group
• Due to high level of operational coordination required, a key accountability will be to maintain a high level of customer focus with the client group both on a day-to-day and long term basis.
Strong partnership will be developed and maintained throughout the project
• Develop and lead the program/project management process for all client initiatives to include the process from gathering detailed requirements and scope definition to project close out
• Facilitate turnover of the completed project to the business units
• Provide design, construction and project delivery performance to meet budget and schedule performance expectations
• Provide input into Pearson Information Enterprise Reporting System (PIERS) for project performance reporting for review by management and executive team members
• Build positive relationships with internal business units such as Aviation Services and/or Customer and Terminal Services, external users including Government Agencies and Airlines, and
key stakeholders in the construction and engineering or architectural industry
• Build, sustain and grow and manage internal project team members providing clear expectations and goals and regular coaching to ensure continuous development
• Model behaviours consistent with corporate values, beliefs and culture
Desired Skills and Experience
• Dedicated major civil engineering and infrastructure experience with organsisations such as BAA at major airports like Heathrow or Gatwick would be ideal
• Experience in a Project Manager or Project Controls capacity would be appropriate for this Program Director role.
• Advanced level project management skills with experience managing large scale design and construction projects
• Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
• Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
• Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study, budget estimates, etc).
• Strong knowledge of design and construction
• Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
• Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
• High degree of initiative and creativity
• Exceptional personal drive and motivation
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
• Problem solving skills to identify, analyze and resolve issues
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish, foster and maintain relationships with clients, co-workers and others
• Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of Office Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management software
• Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
• 12 years + of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Successful experience leading multi-year projects and programs with individual projects exceeding CAD$50 million in value and programs exceeding CAD$250 million
• Experience in leading projects with similar complexity, ideally in transportation infrastructure, institutional or commercial buildings
• Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with a variety of constituent groups and manage a team of internal and external resources
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of people management experience
• Project management certification or accreditation would be an asset
• Must be able to obtain and retain a Transportation Security Clearance and RAI
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment is proud to be working with The GTAA - The Greater Toronto Airport Authority, the leading global hub airport in Canada. The airport has plans to deliver over CAD$2.1 Billion in capital works over the next 5 years and can offer stability of employment for many years to come. Applications are welcome from non Canadian citizens with relevant experience and qualifications as work permits and Canadian residency can be applied for on either a pernament or fixed term basis.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
There is likely to be a 20% of salary bonus attached to this position.
- Programme Director, Airport Building Construction Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Refurbishment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Baggage Handling Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Senior Project Manager Leicester, East Midlands - £45k - £55k + package
- Project Manager - Fit out Hong Kong Island - Neg
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend