Programme Manager - Airport DevelopmentRef MAX8580 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Toronto, Canada Salary to GBP 77k + 15% Bonus Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 18/07/2019 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
The Programme Manager for Airport Development will manage the delivery of assigned projects within schedule and budget. This will include the management and guidance of the design and construction teams from initial concept design to final handover of completed facilities including internal and external resources. As a member of the management team, the incumbent will support the development of the capital plan and short and long-term business strategies, influence forward-thinking management decisions and contribute to the overall success of the Airport Development & Technical Services
To manage the delivery of the assigned airport building construction and refurbishment projects within schedule and budget from initial concept design to final handover of completed facilities including internal and external resources.
Responsibilities and Duties
In summary, the Programme Manager for Airport Development will have the responsibility for managing a team of Project Managers who are delivering the client side delivery of a major airport building construction programme.
Job duties to include:
- Manage assigned projects and associated teams to provide a high level of customer service within budget and aligned to the strategic direction
- Establish and maintain the governance plan for assigned projects
- Support airport planning in the development and implementation of long term terminal development and enhancement programs including specific projects
- Accepted solution design and implementation via contracted services
- Provision of cost estimates to support initiatives via Business Cases
- Direct project design consultant and contractor/construction manager teams through execution of their roles and deliverables
- Provide design, construction and project delivery performance to meet budget and schedule performance expectations
- Provide input into Pearson Information Enterprise Reporting System (PIERS) for project performance reporting for review by the Executive
- Contract administration
- Turnover of the completed project to the business units
- Maintenance of record drawings for all assets
- Project close out
- Build positive relationships with Internal Clients such as Aviation Services and/or Terminal & Guest Services, external customers including Government Agencies and Airlines, and key stakeholders in the construction and engineering or architectural industry
- Due to high level of operational coordination required, a key accountability will be to maintain a high level of customer focus with the client group both on a day-to-day and long-term basis
- Commit to and deliver on the people manager promise to support and further the business’ vision through building and development of diverse, multi-skilled teams
- Lead people by providing coaching, guidance and development by providing meaningful feedback for personal and career growth
- Execute flawlessly by clearly defining what expectations and success looks like in order to foster a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Develop and lead the program/project management process and standards for all client initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience managing design and construction projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of project monitoring systems including but not limited to, scheduling, cost and change control
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prepare process documents, policies and project documents (e.g. business case, feasibility study,budget estimates, etc).
- Knowledge of design and construction
- Knowledge of consultant and construction related procurement practices and procedures
- Knowledge of related government legislation in the areas of construction, fire codes, building codes, occupational health and safety regulations, etc.
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Exceptional personal drive and motivation
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Post-secondary degree in architecture, engineering, project management, business or a combination of education and experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment is excited to be recruiting at Toronto Airport, the leading global hub airport in Canada. The airport has plans to deliver over CAD$2.1 Billion in capital works over the next 5 years and projects and stakeholders working here can offer stability of employment for many years to come.
Applications are welcome from non-Canadian citizens with relevant experience and qualifications as work permits and Canadian residency can be obtained.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
There is likely to be a 15% of salary bonus attached to this position.
- Program Manager - Airport Baggage Handling Toronto, Canada - to GBP 90k including bonus + relocation
- Programme Director, Airport Infrastructure Development Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Construction Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
- Programme Director, Airport Building Refurbishment Toronto, Canada - to GBP 100k + 20% Bonus
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend