Project Controls Manager
Client-side Project Controls Manager Manager required by blue chip energy business for handling a cross border mega project currently underway.
Client-side Project Controls Manager Manager required by blue chip energy business for handling a cross border mega project currently underway
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Group Operations to ensure the project is delivered in compliance with Project Management Governance System
- Maintain and report realistic schedule and construction budget forecasts, by means of managing own schedule with critical path analyses, verification of progress by measurable progress indicators, inspections and close co-operation with EPC, quality assurance / quality control contractors and other stakeholders at site.
- Mitigate any potential threats for cost or schedule overruns and projects risks by proactively working with the EPC contractors and other relevant stakeholders to identify and generate recovery plans
- Ensure the EPC contractors’ planning, scheduling and changes are well managed and justified by means of proactively sharing, involving and supporting their scheduling activities with our own scheduling and seeking clear measurable progress indicators for the activities so as to be able to quantify the changes in time
- Travel to PRC for meetings and monitoring EPC contractors’ project progress at site
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience in power, construction, or process industry, with majority of time spent on planning, project management, engineering, construction, and/or commissioning
- MHKIE or Chartered Engineer qualification or equivalent is preferable
- A track record of verifiable accomplishments in cross-cultural, multi-discipline, project environments in any Asian country would be an asset
- Experience in managing EPC contractors from local and overseas is an advantage
- Knowledge of business planning, budgeting and contracting process
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and contractor management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be rational and decisive under all situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels, both internally and externally
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- A recognized university degree in an engineering discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client , a highly regarded blue chip energy business with an enviable portfolio of major projects underway within construction and operations, offers international construction jobs and is looking to strengthen its project controls team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, medical and flights.