Project DirectorRef MAX8567 Job Posted 16/10/2018 Region Other Asia Location Seoul, Korea Salary Neg Salary Band £150,000 Plus TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
A seasoned Project Director - Rail & road underground projects, is sought to join a blue chip international civil engineering group initially based in Seoul, then deployed to one of a number of projects either ongoing or in the pipeline.
Project Manager (PM)/Project Director (PD) will ensure a completion of the construction project within the specified time frame, budget, and quality in accordance to the statutory requirements. The Project Manager/Project Director will protect and minimize Company’s liability and all-risks exposure when managing the project operations on-site. The Project Manager/Project Director will be responsible for managing overall performance responsibility and accountability for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables
The selected candidate is initially appointed for a certain amount of term (a few month) in Seoul Office, however in the event that the candidate appointed to a field position is available, and he/she will be immediately assigned to the position addressed above.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Project Manager/Project Director’s primary responsibilities :
• Oversee the entire project operations from conception to completion including handover to Clients including quality, safety, cost and budget management
• Provide directions on planning, tracking, change control, risk and issue management
• Manage project team resources for efficient deployment and project cost management
• Manage project stakeholders, including client, project resources and subcontractors
• Manage client expectation through project status update meetings, documentation and project reporting tools
• Liaise effectively with clients, other contractors and relevant authorities.
• Ensure safe work procedures are implemented to control risk
• Leverage industry knowledge to analyze and assess gaps and provide recommendations for remediation
• Identify project risks and developing appropriate mitigation strategies, recommends policy and procedure improvements
• Conversant with local codes, regulations and procedures
• Demonstrate leadership, take ownership of projects handled and all related works
• Report and escalate project progress including revenue, cost, financial issue, potential risk, and etc. to Seoul Office Management on timely manner.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice
• Ensure all personnel under your management comply with company policies and procedures
• Any other duties that may be assigned by Seoul Office Management
• Lead and provide strategic and professional guidance to the Tender Preparation Teams on matters in relation to the project performance and compliance, contractual obligations and statutory requirements (Work at Seoul Office Only)
Desired Skills and Experience
The position entails working with a diverse group of internal and external individuals at all levels of the organization. The candidates are required to make independent judgments in order to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload effectively. The qualifications listed below are vital to the position and will be used to determine employment:
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, or other related fields
• Minimum of 20 years of working experience in construction or construction management, or combination of relevant work experience in the underground projects in Singapore, Hong Kong or Australia
• Ability to understand all aspects of construction projects effectively and efficiently including, but not limited to budgeting, and scheduling in order to fully understand project implications
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with client and team members
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Through knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential
• Able to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
• Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
• Capacity to handle pressure
• Local project/contract management experience is preferred
International civils and build contractor with an enviable portfolio of mega projects globally and aggressive plans to expand in Hong Kong and Asia.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A highly attractive and comprehensive salary package and benefits is available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend