Project Managers with 3+ years’ experience of owner’s engineer and civils infrastructure work are needed in the Vancouver region for jobs on massive flood repair work to highways and bridge structures valued at $Billions of Canadian Dollars
Engineering design, costing and construction project management skills are needed to reinstate and improve the resilience of critical highway and bridge infrastructure as quickly as possible. In particular, owner engineer / resident engineer skill sets that can manage the design, bid and build process speedily, efficiently and cost effectively.
Construction work is to be divided into pragmatic sections of work that can be built quickly and efficiently using local companies that know the terrain and the complications involved and that know how to tackle these complex infrastructure projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Project Manager job role is to take on the owner’s engineer job responsibilities and to efficiently project manage the assigned projects through the design, bid & build process.
As the owners’ engineer Project Manager, you will report directly to the project owners, and be able to report on technical matters, progress, time, cost, contracts and risk matters.
Project Management job duties for this important job role will include the responsibility to:
- Inspect and advise and progress the most suitable designs for each part of each project
- Manage the bidding, tendering and contract award process
- Manage the construction project schedule & multiple project schedules concurrently
- Supervise the contractor’s performance and allocation of necessary resources to be able to perform to the time, cost and quality constraints that have been agreed
Desired Skills and Experience
The best Project Management job candidates for this exciting and challenging Project Management job role will have:
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a similar owner’s engineer Project Management job role
- Experience of highway, bridge and civil engineering infrastructure projects in Canada, ideally within British Columbia or Vancouver itself
- Experience of successfully managing and adding value to the design, bid & build process for highway, bridge, transportation or civil engineering projects
- Experience of successfully managing both client and contractor expectations and needs and ensuring that major highway or civils infrastructure projects complete successfully
- Experience of holding contractors to their contractual obligations and project quality, time and cost specifications
- Candidates with a civil engineering degree or equivalent are desired.
- An understanding of structural civils is highly desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This civil engineering employer is a highly regarded project delivery, engineering, risk management and project management consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. With a focus on civil engineering infrastructure projects, they have built an excellent reputation in Vancouver and British Columbia and have a forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering, and rail projects in the Vancouver and British Columbia region.
A full client employer profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous Basic Salary up to $120,000 based on experience