Project Quantity Surveyor
A Project Quantity Surveyor is urgently required to join a Main Contractor on a £21m industrial project near Heathrow, West London. You will be working alongside a second Project Quantity Surveyor on the new industrial project from start to finish, responsible for all commercial aspects of the project along with the other Surveyor.
You will be working on a new £21m industrial project near Heathrow in West London. Upon finishing the project, you will have scope to be the Project Quantity Surveyor on similar projects in your region. The company also build offices, undergo refurbishments, and demolition.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Project Quantity Surveyor, you will be commercially responsible for the project along with another Surveyor, undergoing the following tasks (not limited to):
- To manage commercial aspects of the project in accordance with company procedure as Project Quantity Surveyor
- To liaise and collaborate with the construction and design teams in all aspects of contractual activities
- Take ownership for maximising commercial results for the project, and future projects
- To represent and serve the best interests of the company to meet client expectations and encourage repeat business.
- You will ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- You will prepare and agree interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- You will manage subcontracts in terms of valuation and correspondence.
- You will manage the resolution of disputes above an agreed level
- Degree qualified is desirable, or on course to complete strongly preferred
- Company pays for further qualifications if you are willing to undergo a degree course
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a growing National Main Contractor with a current turnover of circa £80m. The company constructs projects of medium – large value in the industrial, commercial offices, refurbishment and demolition sector. They have a National portfolio of work with expertise in local areas, ensuring local projects for all of their staff due to the growth they are experiencing. They have taken on numerous staff this year and would suit a Quantity Surveyor who wants unrivalled project exposure and is keen to progress into senior roles.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Company car/allowance, travel allowance, health, pension, and further qualification fee support in full.