QA ManagerRef MAX8646 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon Salary HK$100- 150K /m Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 03/07/2020 Status Live: Interviewing now
A Senior QA Manager is required by a major infrastructure employer in Hong Kong.
The appointment will be made on a 2 year renewable basis.
You will be based in clients HQ in Kowloon Bay.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Head of Intelligent Portfolio Office (IPO), you will:
- Lead the Quality Assurance (QA) Section and oversee QA management strategies, site quality control, quality policies and directives
- Report system deficiencies and recommend improvement strategies to senior management
- Provide expert advice on matters related to QA management of design consultancies, construction/supply/service/manufacturing contracts
- Review and verify the usage of Project Integrated Management System (PIMS) across all stages of projects by assisting the PIMS owners in implementation and conducting regular review of content
Review QA related systems, processes and improvements to ensure all projects have the highest Corporate Governance standards
- Manage a team of professional staff to oversee all aspects of QA management and carry out internal audits
- Develop a Monitoring and Verification (M&V) team to perform monitoring and checking on front line issues to ensure proper quality control processes and procedures being implemented on sites
- Initiate and oversee programmes to nurture a continual improvement culture and promote quality awareness among staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in relevant fields, e.g. engineering, project management, consultancy or service industry, with at least 8 years’ experience at a managerial position
- Extensive practical experience in strategic planning, management system development and application of quality tools for business process improvement and management models
- Ability to communicate effectively in English & Cantonese is essential. Knowledge of Putonghua will be an added advantage
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Recognized training in ISO 9001 quality management system, extensive knowledge in management system models and standards i.e. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 55000, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and European Foundation for Quality Management Excellence Award
- Possession of Corporate Membership of a relevant professional institution, i.e. Chartered Quality Professional-Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major global transportation employer is currently looking to strengthen its systems management team and appoint a dynamic and experienced senior QA Manager.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary and package available covering salary, housing, transport, schooling, medical and flights.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend