A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading international construction consultancy in their large Central London office, on public and private sector projects in the Property / Built Environment sectors. The company operate in teams and are not sector specific, so as a Quantity Surveyor you will be given the chance to work on commissions on a variety of building sector projects such as commercial office, industrial, warehouses and schools.
You will work on a variety of public and private sector projects in the property / built environment sector including commercial office, residential, industrial, and schools as a Quantity Surveyor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Quantity Surveyor, involved from start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions.
- Ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Be a Quantity Surveyor who assists in bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Quantity Surveyor
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Estimating and cost planning activities
- Post-contract cost variances and change control processes
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor managing your own smaller projects or assisting on larger projects
- Consultancy or Main Contractor backgrounds are both considered
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience in the property / built environment sectors
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is an independent global consultancy offering a range of services to the construction and property industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients throughout the world as well as a range of other complementary services, finding solutions that exceed expectations and add value to projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 27 days holiday + bank holiday and Christmas breaks
- Pension contribution
- Very generous healthcare coverage
- Ride to work scheme
- £Generous leisure voucher
- Childcare vouchers if required
- 4:30pm finish on certain days - Social events