A Quantity Surveyor is required to join the Essex office (just outside the M25) of a renowned national construction and property consultancy to work on local authority projects. You will be the Quantity Surveyor responsible for / assisting with the provision of pre and post contract services on projects in London and the South East. The company work on projects including education, health, residential, mixed-use, retail, hotels and other areas of the building sector.
You will predominantly work on local authority projects as a Quantity Surveyor. Project values will be £multi-million in most cases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working on projects from feasibility stage through to completion
- Taking the lead on some projects you are involved in, being fully responsible for the cost management process on these projects
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis and evaluation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients with a Director / Senior member of staff, or on your own if you are taking the lead on a project
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience for a professional quantity surveying firm is essential
- Quantity Surveying experience on building projects is essential
- Capability to be client facing and deliver services consistently to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Ambition to help the company grow
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited course is strongly preferred
- MRICS qualified is preferred or on route to complete / willingness to complete
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy that provide consultancy services in sectors that include education, health, mixed use, residential, leisure, industrial, commercial offices, retail and sports stadiums. The company operates offices spreading from London to Leeds so offer a national service with local expertise.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance on top of a competitive basic salary, as well as other benefits such as health, pension, and bonus scheme.