Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - London
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is being sought by a prestigious multi-disciplinary contractor. The successful candidate will be required to work on a Crossrail related project in Central London, in close proximity to London Bridge. The project will involve the: demolition, construction and fit out of a railway station. Could this be a great opportunity for you to showcase your substantial skill set?
This project will involve working on the: demolition, construction and fit out of a Crossrail related project located in Central London, in close proximity to London Bridge.
Responsibilities and Duties
Answerable to the project leader, your duties on these significant projects will encompass the full spectrum of post-contract Senior Quantity Surveyor functions, including being responsible for:
- Subcontractor management
- Conducting valuations
- Conducting measurements
- Cost value reconciliations
- Change schedule management
- Variations (compensation/ additional time/ additional works)
- Pricing compensation
- Preparation of claims
- Preparation of final Accounts
- Issuing Interim payments certificates
Desired Skills and Experience
- Quantity Surveying experience on building projects is essential. Candidates with specific experience on rail stations projects would be advantageous.
- Organisational skills are of paramount importance.
- The ability to work efficiently within a team is central to this role.
- You will be highly computer literate and have an excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Flexible. A formal qualification such as a HND, Bsc or equivalent, in Quantity Surveying or a similar discipline would be an advantage, but is not essential to this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
My client is a national contractor in the field of civil engineering. Specific areas in which my client operates includes: rail, highway, water, oil, gas, power and nuclear processes. My client has won multiple industry recognised awards in recent years, which reinforces their identity as one of the UK’s largest and most prestigious civil engineering contractors. With regards to my client’s rail sector work, such projects turnover a colossal 400 million GDP or more per annum. As an employee for this company, you can expect great opportunities for personal development and career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
-Up to 55k per annum + car + pension.
- Additional Benefits:
-Package info, Bonuses etc.