Quantity SurveyorRef MAX6102 Job Posted 07/12/2016 Region Midlands and East Anglia Location Northampton Salary Up to £50k + package (experience based) Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and/or expense.
- Providing estimates and quotations for additional works.
- Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic sub-contractors.
- Financial Reporting Preparation of financial reports including:
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
- Margin Analysis reports.
- Commercial Analysis (final margin) forecasts and Cost to Complete forecasts
- Cash Flow forecasts
- Turnover forecasts
- De-brief reports Forming Relationships:
- You will form relationships within the company and work closely with various disciplines such as Foremen, Engineers, Senior Engineers, Site Managers, D&C Co-ordinators, Buyers and Head Office Accounts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Main Contracting Experience is essential Experience on Major Build projects is strongly preferred
- Degree or relevant qualification is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing company is a market leading Main Contractor with a turnover exceeding £1bn in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a big player and to prove, and enhance your skills on Major Projects.
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Hertfordshire - Circa £25k - £30k + package
- Graduate Quantity Surveyor Central London - Circa £20k - £25k + package
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor Welwyn Garden City - Circa £25k - £30k + package
- Quantity Surveyor London - Circa £35k - £45k + package
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Sheffield - Circa £30k - £36k + package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend