An opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor with a Main Contracting background to join a construction consultancy in Reading. Your focus as the Quantity Surveyor will be on water sector projects, including water treatment plants, associated pipelines and civils works.
You will be working on a major infrastructure programme in the water sector as a Quantity Surveyor. Your main focus will be on water treatment plants, as well as associated pipelines and civils works.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working closely with multidisciplinary teams
- Assessing, understanding, and assisting in the delivery of pre and post contract services as Quantity Surveyor
- Validation of cost structures
- Production of accurate cost estimates
- Providing interim payment applications
- Giving procurement advice
- Assessing variations and working on claim assessments, claims management
- Working closely with the project managers on site
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for a Main Contractor
- Quantity Surveying background in either the utilities, oil & gas, or general civils and infrastructure is required
- NEC contract experience is preferred but not essential should you show the ability to utilise
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar construction discipline
- Member of the RICS or ICES is desired but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a global consultancy in construction, operating in various project sectors across the UK. They maintain a vast network of offices on various continents, and provide unrivaled training, exposure and opportunities to some of the most exciting projects in the UK and worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a very competitive basic salary and package.