Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8308 Job Posted 21/12/2017 Region South East England Location Southampton, Hampshire Salary £35k-£40k + car Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Adam Cadwaladr
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor with highways experience to join a leading global construction consultancy in their Southampton office. You will be joining a successful team due to recent high profile awards, playing an integral role in the continuing success of the team. You will have the opportunity to expand your Quantity Surveying experience on prestigious infrastructure projects.
You will initially focus on highways projects as Quantity Surveyor however you will work across a range of infrastructure projects during your career here. Project values vary and exceed £50m in some cases with a high level of complexity.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion
• Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents
• Provide post contract Quantity Surveying / Employer’s Agent services
• Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff
• Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
• Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
• You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business
Desired Skills and Experience
• Working knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
• Experience working on Infrastructure projects, including Highways
• A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction cost’s coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
• Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively
• You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high quality professional service.
• Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying
• Chartered member of the RICS or qualified through experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a world leading project and cost management consultancy operating at the forefront of a variety of construction sectors across both property and infrastructure. They place great emphasis on training and development of their staff whilst providing cutting-edge expertise to their clients.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance or company car option, plus additional competitive market benefits.
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend