A new Quantity Surveyor job role with a professional cost advisory consultancy. This role is suited towards Junior Quantity Surveyor or Loan Monitoring Surveyor candidates who want to gain more experience with a well-established cost consultancy.
This great Quantity Surveyor employer is able to offer good training. Professional qualifications not required.
Quantity Surveyor may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion, and assisting with handling a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
Project portfolio includes varied work ranging from $1m - $150m in value.
As only 1 year experience for this Quantity Surveyor role is required, you will work as part of a team of estimating and loan monitoring professionals and assist in providing technical expertise to ensure a variety of estimating and cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
Successful Quantity Surveyor Candidate will be based at Vancouver, British Columbia office.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties and responsibilities of Quantity Surveyor will be to:
- Assisting with the delivery and update of agreed cost plans.
- Working as a team to prepare cash flow projections.
- Checking the project budget and time schedules.
- Providing a full range of cost estimating services to new and existing clients
- Prepare estimates at various stages of the design process, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage
- Helping to preparing cash flow projection.
- Working with colleagues to review and provide advice on all cost items and contractor commitments.
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions with a team.
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful Quantity Surveyor Candidate will have:
- Ideally 1 year +experience as a Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Consultant / Estimator. Ideally from PQS Professional Quantity Surveyor background working in a cost consultancy, private practice or a client
- Intermediate level of understanding of construction estimates
- Knowledge of the construction industry - development, contracting & consultant services
- Experience and capability of carrying out cost and commercial duties
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Great enthusiasm towards developing your career
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, including Excel
- Qualification to Degree level in a relevant cost or construction related subject will be beneficial
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is an independent professional construction and property cost consultancy based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. They offer construction and cost management services and loan monitoring to their clients, such as investors and real estate developers. They can offer the successful Quantity Surveyor candidate a variety of work, dynamic office culture and good training.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Basic salary CAD$55k
- 80% of medical/dental costs paid + life insurance
- 15 days holiday