Regional Commercial Manager
Summary of Regional Commercial Manager Job Vacancy - Dubai
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Commercial Manager to manage the company's Dubai business. The successful candidate will oversee 10 - 15 projects typically ranging from £20m - £100m.
Projects will all be construction projects including residential, commercial, educational , cultural and healthcare developments typically ranging between £20m - £100m. Although the company often is involved in larger projects elsewhere in the region, therefore larger projects should not be ruled out.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will report to Directors and Board Level. They will ultimately be responsible for the profitability of the Dubai business unit. This is a strategic role with some hands on responsibilities, incorporating both pre and post contract work. Duties will include:
- Management of profit & loss
- Identifying business opportunities within the Dubai market and suitable projects to tender for
- Assisting with the Bid Management
- Overseeing multiple projects and their respective commercial teams
- Dealing with complex contractual and claims related issues that arise on projects
- Ensuring company systems and procedures are followed by site based commercial staff
- Recruitment of staff as well as training and mentoring new employees
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous Middle Eastern experience is essential
- Previous experience of working in a strategic commercial role responsible is strongly desired, however exceptional project Commercial Managers wanting to take the next step in their career will be considered.
- A strong background in Quantity Surveying on medium to large scale building projects is desired
- Excellent knowledge of contractual and claims related issues and how to deal with them effectively
- Excellent man management skills
- A degree or similar equivalent qualification is strongly desired
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a global main contractor operating primarily in Asia and the MENA region. They have a group turnover of over US$ 2Bn and operate in 9 countries in the MENA region currently.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- 50k - 65k AED p/m + Benefits