Senior Commercial Manager
An excellent opportunity for an immediately available highly experienced Commercial Manager with energy to work on a large scale and prestigious buildings project in Hong Kong with large scale civils, buildings and M&E elements.
One of Asia's leading construction contractors requires a capable and experienced Commercial Manager to work on a large scale building project in Hong Kong. You will report directly to the Divisional Director and will manage a team of contracts/commercial staff.
A large scale buildings project / civils project based in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the commercial strategy of contracts on multiple projects, working very closely with the senior operations teams to form collaborative approaches while driving performance and minimizing risk to the business.
- Comply and adhere to all matters pertaining to Quality, Safety & Health and Environment related to the job scope and work place as required by the company.
- Develop and manage project commercial strategy
- Effectively manage risk and opportunities
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team
- Advising/ensuring contractual compliances requirement, e.g. contractual deliverables, performance bond, insurances.
- Drafting (or review of drafts by others) of contractual correspondence
- Oversee the reporting on the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliation's and project forecasting.
- Monitor and co-ordinate contractual claims and variation orders
- Provide inputs to help strategize and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Attend project meetings where required.
- Liaison with authorities and/or Government bodies as required
- Supervision and guidance of team members
Desired Skills and Experience
- Immediately available
- Min 20 years of relevant experience including successfully running a HK$3-5 Billion civil engineering project from start to finish with a major civil or building main contractor
- Experience of working in Hong Kong on large civil engineering or Hong Kong Government infrastructure projects is highly desirable
- Experience of managing a team of commercial/contracts staff
- Thorough knowledge of contract language, change management and legal requirements of contracts.
- Excellent negotiation, organizational and communication skills
-Competent IT skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Significant claims management/dispute resolution experience on projects of a complex nature
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or engineering related discipline
- Professional qualification such as MRICS is an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a civil construction, engineering and property development business providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested exclusively to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.